Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Little Thing #1

My name is Kylie Lawson. I'm not entirely sure how this whole blog thing is supposed to work. Do I just write down my thoughts and hope that that someone will read it? I have no idea. Ha! This is going to be a journey for me, that's for sure.

I've been thinking about writing a blog for a while now. Actually, it was a prompting from the Holy Ghost that this would be a good thing for me to do. I have felt over and over again that I need to share what I know about God and His church, to share how I feel, and to share the gospel of Christ in any way that I can. A couple months ago, Al Fox spoke at my singles stake conference thing. (That was when I was single.) Her story was amazing! If you don't know about her, look up her blog, cause holy cow! She is kind of my hero. As she was speaking, I kept thinking, "She's a blogger. Maybe that's what I could do, too." And ever since then, I've been trying to learn about blogs as much as I could. And now I've made one! Let's see how it goes.

The hardest part in making this blog was deciding on a name. I'm not good at creative stuff like that, but I wanted it to be my idea. So, it took a while. I decided on the name/title "Little Things" because it's the little things in life that are the real treasures. And to start, I'd like to talk about one of my favorite little things.

On July 6, 2013, I was married to probably the bestest guy ever. His name is Jordan, and yes, you can be jealous. And my favorite little thing right now is the ring that he gave me on our wedding day. It's small, but symbolizes so much. It says to all the single guys, "Walk away, this lady is taken!" It's from the love of my life, and when I look at it, I think of him. It's also a reminder that we are married for time and all eternity. You have no idea how happy that makes me! We will be married to each other FOR EVER!

And the biggest reason that I love this ring is because it reminds me of that. Cause sometimes, I want to be selfish. But I've noticed that when I think about what I want, I am unhappy. Like, a lot. But I've also noticed that when I think about ways to make Jordan happy, I end up feeling so happy that I want to burst! And I don't even care about what I wanted before, because I have everything I need. I'm learning that our marriage is happier when I am selfless, and do all I can to serve him. My ring is a constant reminder of that fact, and will undoubtedly be a reminder of many other things to come.



2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I've been doing one for quite a few years. It's my way of "journaling". Loved seeing you at Dain's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If people forget your blog name, it's nice to have your name in it so it comes up when googled. Like: Little Things...with Kylie C. Lawson
    Just a suggestion. You can also link your posts so they come up as a facebook entry each time you post and people can click on it to go to your blog and read more than the FB intro. I'm trying to remember how to do that. I think it has something to do with Friending yourself on your blog.
    Mines a writers blog: renaeswritespotDOTblogspotDOTcom Come be a friend and see what things are on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete